ghd CONTOUR PROFESSIONAL CRIMPER
Discover the latest must-have styling tool that every stylist is using this season. –
ghd contour®, essential for creating big volume and bold texture.
The professional hair crimper adds depth and instantly enhances shape to create new dimensions to any hairstyle.
The ghd contour® professional hair crimper uses the optimum styling temperature of 185ºC.
Features advanced ceramic heat technology and multi-dimensional plates to create impactful looks that last.
Suitable for all hair types, the professional crimper is easy to use for those wanting to recreate the 80s-inspired catwalk trends this season.
GHD CONTOUR®: Q&A
Q: How long should I hold the ghd contour® down on the hair for?
A: For a defined result, hold the ghd contour down on your hair from 4-8 seconds. Holding for a minimum of 4 seconds will create a clearly defined crimp result; the longer you hold down for the more definition of the crimp. We recommend holding the contour down for a maximum of 8 seconds.
Q: What is the recommended sized section of hair to use?
A: Choosing a thin/medium section size, no longer than your index finger (approx. 4cm), is perfect for crimping. However it is dependent on the style you are creating, so remember to adjust the section:
· Smaller thin pieces of hair for a feathering effect,
· Larger sections for a more statement look and volume at the root.
Q: How do I create volume using the ghd contour®?
A: For root lift at the top:
· Section the hair about half way down the head, or where you wish to add volume, take a thin layer and crimp at the root of the section, then repeat all around the head.
· Repeat the same steps on the sections above until you meet the crown of the head. Take the last section down to cover.
This should leave the roots of your hair feeling expanded and voluminous! For extra volume, back comb over crimped roots using a dressing out brush
Q: Can I brush my hair after using the ghd contour®?
A: It depends on the look you are trying to create:
· Defined crimp – do not brush out.
· Diffused crimp – brush out (recommended with paddle, tail comb or dressing out brush.
· Volume – for extra volume back comb over the crimped section with dressing out brush.